Sunday, August 8, 2010

Philippians 4:19


During breakfast this morning I was able to get some daddy/daughter time. I'm so thankful for my daddy. Through out the years I have learned so much from him, but during the past few years I have come to admire him even more. With all that he has been through, he always looks at the positive side.

He kept telling me to look at the positive side of everything that was going on in my life as he does with his. He then quoted Philippians 4:19. Of course all advice from dad is based on God's word.

I'm so thankful for his life, and thankful that he is still with us. Over the past few years there were moments where I felt he wouldn't make it much longer. But God is awesome and powerful and has done wondrous miracles in dad's life. As I saw him walk across my living room, without his walker or cane, I couldn't help but praise God for what He has done and is still doing. Dad is such an inspiration to not only me, but to all of those around him. There were so many people that tried to bring him down and make him feel inadequate to continue to preach, but "boy did he show them!" He is still kicking and preaching the word of God and I am certain he will continue to preach until the day our Lord calls him home. That's a man of God, that's my daddy. I love you dad!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment