Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Mary Elisabeth


Mary Elisabeth,

I can not believe you are two years old!  Today has definitely been a rough day for you.  It started with a rough night and a couple of  "messy" diapers.  Followed by waking up at 6 AM in a "not so good" mood.  I made you a waffle, or I guess I should say I toasted a frozen waffle for you :)  ha!  You played in the playroom, colored on my lap, and we sang "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Happy Birthday."  Daddy had to go work so Nonny and Papa Rob came over and took you and bubba out for a ride.  Nana and Papa stopped by while you were gone.  They brought you a card, I'll make sure to keep your money safe for you.  We don't want daddy snooping around and "accidently" putting it in his pocket.  

When you came home you had presents from Nonny and Papa and from Grandmama and Big Pops.  Lots of new cute clothes.  I can not wait to see you wear them.  You had a rough evening, full of crying and tantrums, but you still had a good time.  You and bubba sat on a comforter while Nonny pulled you around the house.  You had such a good time.  Papa let you ride on his leg which you love to do.  After dinner daddy came home and you said good bye to Nonny and Papa.  

Daddy, Bubba, and I sang "Happy Birthday" to you, but you were too freaked out by the lighted candle to enjoy it.  Of course you opted for a blue berry muffin instead of a cupcake, but that's ok bubba ate enough for the both of you.  




All in all I think you had a pretty good day.  I'm sorry momma was not able to do more for you.  I promise as soon as I am off bed rest we will have a mommy and daughter night out.  I love you so much princess.  I couldn't imagine my life without you.  I still remember our first days together, I was so in love with you.  I couldn't imagine loving you more than I did at that moment, but I do.  I love you more and more each day.


On August 21, 2010 you:
  • Weigh between 25 to 30 lbs
  • You love to eat, I mean LOVE to eat
  • You have daddy wrapped around your little finger
  • You know all of your facial features: eyes, nose, ears, mouth
  • You love to sing and dance
  • Your favorite song is the "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
  • You love listening to music in the car
  • All of your 18 to 24 months clothes are getting a little tight
  • You love to "read"
  • You love playing with bubba, but enjoy alone time with mommy and daddy
  • You are about to start Puggles and I can not believe it!
  • You love to say "no"
  • You love brushing your teeth
  • You love chewing gum
  • You love to blow kisses
Mary Elisabeth you are fearfully and wonderfully made.  God created you just the way you are.  My prayer is that you will come to know Jesus at an early age and live your life honoring the Lord.  My sweet princess the following is my prayer for you (this was my daddy's prayer for me):

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace. 
Numbers 6:24-26




No comments:

Post a Comment