Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bed Rest

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday. I came in and signed in at the front. The nurse called my name and did all the usual things. Checked my weight, which is always higher there than it is at home....I don't get it. She checked my blood pressure 87/62, lower than last week. My blood pressure is normally between 110 and 115. After going to the bathroom, they took me straight to an exam room. Tiffany came in and tried to find Mackenzie's heart beat with the Doppler. I was so freaked out when she couldn't find it. I forgot to mention that I was up all night the night before "googling," and on mommy boards. Something I shouldn't have done because I only freaked out more when she couldn't find the heart beat. She took us to the back waiting room until our name was called. The ultrasound tech found the heartbeat right away, nice and strong. Mackenzie was all over the screen doing flips and bouncing around. It was so good to see that baby girl was okay.

The hemorrhage is still there and still on the larger side. So same instructions for me....bed rest. They went ahead and referred me to a cardiologist to check on my blood pressure and the constant dizziness. It's hard to function when I'm so dizzy.

We went to the front, scheduled an appointment with the cardiologist for Wednesday at 8:00 am and scheduled our follow up for the following week with Tiffany. I will be spending my birthday at the doctor's office. At least I'll be out of the house and off the couch!

So here I am, back on the couch trying to make the hours go by. I've got a couple of ideas for projects that I will be working on, as soon as Joseph gets me the materials. I'll post pictures soon!

Praying for a good appointment tomorrow morning and waiting patiently on the Lord.

"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him..." Psalm 37:7



No comments:

Post a Comment