Monday, August 2, 2010

16 Weeks



That's right, you guessed it! Mackenzie Eliana is the size of an avocado this week. She weighs between four to five ounces, and she's four to five inches in length. Still a lot to go! The bones that are now in place in her ears probably means she can hear my voice. The little muscles in her little body, especially the ones in her back are gaining strength so that she can stretch out more. She can also perceive light even though her eyelids are still closed.

I am feeling much better, the nausea and all day sickness is pretty much gone. I go back to the doctor in the morning and will have another ultrasound. I'm praying it will go well and I will be back at work on Thursday.

I still can not feel Mackenzie's kicks. I am so ready to feel her move in my belly, it's one of my favorite things about being pregnant. I try to sit very still and hope that I will feel a flutter or a kick, but nothing yet. I'm sure I'll start feeling her very soon and I can not wait.

I continue to thank God for his daily care for us. This pregnancy has been a tough one, not only physically, but emotionally. I feel like I have been on a roller coaster. At times all I can do is worry that she is okay, but I'm brought back to Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." I was so excited to read it this morning during my quiet time. Please continue to keep us in your prayers, I can not wait to see Mackenzie and finally hold her in my arms. I am already so in love with her, I can not imagine the day I get to finally see her and hold her.

"My Soul finds rest in God alone;
My salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment