Monday, August 2, 2010

Fire Drill at 4 AM


Our smoke detector decided to go off this morning at four in the morning. Needless to say it scared Joseph and I to death. Josiah was in our bed and sissy in her room. As soon as we heard it, Joseph ran to get sissy out of her bed and I headed down the hall. The scariest part, is that our light at our stairs had an Orange Reddish glow. Maybe it was in my head, but I expected to see flames when I walked downstairs. Thank the Lord, everything was fine. We still do not know why it went off. I don't think Joseph and I have ever jumped out of bed that quickly.

As we put the kids back in our bed and calmed Josiah down, I could not stop thinking about the "what-ifs." What if the house was up in flames? What if we were stuck upstairs as the downstairs was burning? What if, what if, what if? All I could do is thank God that we were all safe and there was not a fire.

As Joseph and I talked this morning, we both agreed that there were a few things we needed to do to be ready in case of an emergency. We do not want to be caught unprepared.

I am thankful that if something would have happened to us, we would be opening our eyes in heaven and face to face with Jesus. Are you prepared? Is Jesus Christ your personal Savior and you know without a doubt that if you died today, you would wake up in heaven?

You may say, "man she's gloomy" because I talk about what would have happened if we would have died, but you see, I'm not afraid of death. I have a Savior who is Jesus Christ, who died and suffered on a cross for my sins and yours too. He did all this, so that whoever believes in him will not perish, but have everlasting life with Him. I do not have to be afraid of the "What-ifs," Because I know who I believe in and He is almighty and powerful and has saved me from the depths of Hell.

No matter who you are, what you have done, what you have not done, Jesus loves you. He wants to come live in your heart. All you have to do is recognize that you are a sinner and you can not save yourself, know that you need a Savior who is Christ Jesus and ask Him to come into your life. He offers us salvation for free, it's His gift to us and all we have to do is accept His gift. When you do, believe me He will come into your life and be with you always. He will comfort and bless you all of the days of your life. Who better to have your back than Jesus Christ Himself, who died and rose again, who suffered a horrible death, who was mocked and ridiculed and did all this for you and for me.

Are your prepared? Are you bombarded with the "what-ifs" of life. Give your life to Jesus and you will never have to worry about the "what-ifs" again.

"One Holy Lamb washed my sin away
One sacrifice paid a price I could not pay
One holy lamb, one great I Am
One seed of Abraham
One holy lamb washed my sin away"

"But God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8




No comments:

Post a Comment