The ultrasound tech performed a detailed check of Mackenzie. We were able to see her her brain, heart, kidneys and other parts as well. Their machine was a little more detailed than the one at our OBGYN. Joseph and I were upset she didn't cooperate because we weren't able to see her little face in 3D. Mackenzie is doing great! All her organs are perfect, and her growth is right on schedule.
The reason we went to the Perinatal Center was to check out my hemorrhage. We learned that the hemorrhage is not a risk to Mackenzie because it is not attached to my placenta. That was great news! But now for the "not so good" news. As they did my ultrasound they found that my placenta is too close to my cervix (marginal placenta previa) and I'm at risk for pre-term labor. Joseph asked if that meant that I could go into labor a few weeks early and her response was "she could go into labor now".... Okay not what we wanted to hear, but they told us that my placenta could still move. So for now we are praying that my placenta will move away from my cervix and no pre-term labor. If that happens and the bleeding stops I can go back to my normal activities. I'm not sure when that will be or if it will happen, but I will continue to wait on the Lord.
Up until yesterday I did not know that I was at risk for pre-term labor. It scares me especially to know that I am only 19 weeks. Please keep praying for us. We still have four months to go and I am praying and believing that we will make it!
"...call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Psalm 50:15