Monday, May 9, 2011

Fire It Up

Last week while I was at Target I came across Lawry's Hawaiian Marinade and decided to try it.   I love marinade sauces!  I let the chicken marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours and sent Joseph out for a pineapple.  I put some olive oil, salt and pepper on the pineapple slices and Joseph set them on the grill.  I made rice with veggies and some oven roasted potatoes seasoned with olive oil, garlic salt, onion powder, and italian seasoning.   I don't eat pineapple unless it's in fluffy stuff, but I've got to say I will eat up some grilled pineapple!  And speaking of fluffy stuff, well no meal is complete without it.  I love grilling out, but I realized tonight that the reason I enjoy it so much is because Joseph spends time in the kitchen with me and grills the chicken for me.  The most I ever do is clean the grill or turn on/off the gas.



Tonight Joseph and I were talking about how far I have come.  The kitchen and I were not good friends, but slowly we have become well acquainted.  I've learned to make enough food for our family and not have tons and tons left over.  I used to make enough food to feed an army, but I've learned to bring down my portions so that we have none left over.  Especially since we are not big on eating left overs around our house.    





No comments:

Post a Comment