Thursday, July 22, 2010

Toilet Water


Our nightly routine normally consists of the kids playing and watching Barney in their playroom, while Joseph and I hang out in the living room. For the most part they were being good, but then Joseph noticed the light in the bathroom was on. We've had a big problem with Josiah dumping toilet paper rolls in the toilet. I tip toed to the bathroom and as I came upon the door, there were my kids drinking toilet water and putting a hand towel in the toilet. They were using the hand towel to clean their faces. Now that I've had a moment to calm down, it seems quite funny and I wish I would have snapped a photo, but at the time I was mortified. Thankfully the toilet was flushed and I guess the water was "clean." They both were punished and sent to bed. It broke my heart because our bedtime is always fun. We pray, play and tuck them in, but tonight we prayed and sent them straight to bed. They looked so pitiful walking up the stairs and to their rooms. I can't wait for them to wake up tomorrow morning so that I can give them each a great big hug!
Seriously though, please tell me my kids are not the only ones who have played in the toilet. I don't know what it is about it, but we just can not make them understand that "we do not play in the toilet!" I'm sure this story will make us laugh when they are older!

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those that have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment