Monday, July 26, 2010

Mackenzie Eliana


It's official, we are having another baby girl! We are so excited and can not wait to meet her. I know we both decided to not find out, but could not resist. We've decided to go with the same initials as sissy's name. I've loved the name Mackenzie and there was no question that if I had a baby girl, her name would be Mackenzie. As I looked for names that began with the letter E, I came across Eliana. Eliana means "God has answered." It was perfect. This pregnancy has been different than my others, and has had it's ups and downs. As I type I am sitting on the couch on bed rest. Through all the ups and downs, God remains faithful and answers our prayers every time.
As I drove to the doctor's office today, trying not to think about the worst that could happen, my prayer was "Lord, please let Mackenzie be okay." As I sat in the doctor's office I opened my bible to Philippians 4:4-7,
"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all the Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
My prayer changed to "Lord give me peace, give me Your peace." From then on, I knew everything would be okay. God answered! Mackenzie was just fine, moving and wiggling all over the screen. I was so relieved and thankful that God had answered my prayers once again. There is no doubt in my mind that Mackenzie's middle name fits perfectly...she is my answered prayer.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment