Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good Night

Joseph and I were never really big on routines. Well, I was, but he was not. As most of you parents know, having a good routine with kids is critical. Recently we started laying the kids down at a specific bedtime every night and telling them they had to go to sleep on their own. For an almost four year-old who has been rocked since day one, that was not as easy as we thought. It took a couple of nights, but he is doing great! I took some great pictures while the kids were getting ready for bed last night. I wanted to blog about our night time routine so that one day they could look back and see how young they were! Normally depending on the night we will take baths, get dressed, brush teeth and hair. Then we gather at the top of our stairs and sit together while daddy prays. It's so cute to watch the kids pray. Mary Elisabeth sticks out her hands ready to hold hands and pray. They are still and quiet while daddy prays and when he's done we give kisses and they are tucked in. I am so thankful for my family. Most of all, I am so proud of Joseph and the spiritual leader he has become of our home.

Josiah getting ready to brush his teeth

Sissy smiling at me!

Brushing her teeth

Oh, I almost forgot! Every night they get a Flintstones Vitamin

I snapped a quick picture of the kids and their doggy and Barney



"...But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment