Tuesday, September 21, 2010

23 Weeks


...and time continues to fly by!  Mackenzie is 23 weeks and the size of an ear of corn.  I went to the doctor this morning and it could not have gone any better.  I wasn't going to have an ultrasound, but as she checked Mackenzie's heartbeat, it dropped a little.  This baby does not like me laying on my back!  Either that or she just wanted her picture taken ha!  She is a busy little girl and loves the right side of my stomach.  I feel her the most around 11:30 every night.  Her kicks and movements are getting stronger everyday and I can actually see my tummy "jump."  So precious!  I can not believe this little miracle growing inside of me.  I am so thankful for her life and can not wait to hold her in my arms.  

I am feeling great.  I will return to work in the morning and will work 20 hours per week for the next four weeks.  Bleeding has not come back and after the ultrasound today my placenta is no longer covering my cervix.  It is still low lying, but they will check again in four weeks.  I can not believe I actually get a four week break from the doctor's office.  This will be the longest I will go without going to see my midwife, I'm pretty sure she was getting tired of seeing me ha!  

I am so thankful for the past almost 9 weeks.  Although I had moments of craziness, God always kept me calm.  He has provided and blessed us greatly.  God has blessed me with a wonderful husband, family, and friends who came together to help us out.  Thank you all so very much!  We could not have made it with out you all.  I will miss our Sunday breakfasts with mom and dad, unless they come a little earlier before we leave for church (hint, hint).  But I am thankful we will still have our lunch with the family on Sunday afternoons.  I will definitely miss seeing my mother in law every other day!  She is an absolute blessing!  Words can not say how unbelievably thankful I am for what she has done the past few weeks.  This afternoon when I picked up the kids from school, Josiah asked where his nonny was.  I guess he wasn't as excited to see mommy ha!  Thank you so much Charlene.  God could not have given me a better mother in law.  I am so thankful for your life and for loving me as one of your own!  Love you!!!!

Thank you Papa Rob for keeping our lawn maintained and up to par with our neighbor's yard ha!  

Well it's off to work tomorrow.  The late nights and sleeping in are no longer an option since I will be leaving the house at 7:15 in the morning....sigh....  I am just so happy!  God is so good! 

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope."
Psalm 130:5



No comments:

Post a Comment