Monday, October 4, 2010

Friday Picnic

On Friday I surprised the kids with a picnic in the park.  When we moved to Jefferson this summer we were so excited because there was a park about two minutes from our house.  Well as the summer heat became ridiculous and the morning "all day" sickness set in from my pregnancy, we spent most of the days at home in the air conditioning.  While I was on bed rest I kept telling myself that as soon as I was released and fall set in, I was going to take the kids to the park!  So on this cool Fall Friday, I picked up McDonald's, picked the kids up from school, set our blanket out, and had a picnic.  Joseph was finishing up his last job, but made it just in time!  We had a great time and will definitely do it again very soon.  After our picnic we let the kids play for a while  and then headed to Dairy Queen for some ice cream and slushies.  The night ended with some temper tantrums and unhappy kids because they didn't want to come home, but regardless it was a fabulous day!








More Rocks in her pockets :)




No comments:

Post a Comment