Tuesday, October 19, 2010

27 Weeks


27 Weeks!!  Only about 11 to 13 more to go, depending on if I am induced or not.  I can't believe I'm finally in my third trimester, maybe that's why I've been so exhausted the past few days.  Mackenzie is still staying active.  I think she is starting to get tight in my belly because her kicks and movements are a little more rough and more defined.  I love watching her move.  I know I've said it before, but it's my favorite thing about being pregnant. 

Today started a little earlier than normal.  Joseph woke the kids up and took them to school.  He said they both were a little hesitant because it was still dark outside.  As soon as they stepped outside sissy wanted to be carried and Josiah said, "daddy is school open?  It's still dark."  We started the day earlier because I had to be at the doctor's office at 8:30 for my appointment and Glucose Screen.  For all of you moms out there you know you have to drink the "sugary drink" and have your blood drawn an hour after you drink it.  I had a bad experience when I was pregnant with Mary Elisabeth and I was a little hesitant and nervous, but it went great.  I put my "big girl pants" on and started to chug...well really I started to sip...on a straw ha!  There were a couple of times where I had to take a few deep breaths and stop myself from running to the bathroom, but other than that I did it and an hour later was getting my blood drawn.  Please pray that I will pass!!! 

Today's appointment went wonderful!  Dr. Harrison checked the heart beat (nice and strong), went through some routine questions and then decided to go ahead with an ultrasound and check my thyroid levels.  Mackenzie is measuring a little small, she is 2.2 pounds, but nothing to worry about.  She looked great and was pretty wired...I think the "sugary drink" gave her an extra boost this morning.  We were also told that they didn't see any blood spots (PRAISE GOD!!!!) and my placenta has moved up and is out of the way for a normal vaginal delivery (PRAISE PRAISE GOD!!!!).  The placenta has been replaced with Mackenzie's head ha!  Her head is right on my cervix and she is ready to go...well not for a few more weeks, but it's nice to know she's ready...because I sure am :).

Thank you all so much for your prayers and constant encouragement.  I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family, friends, and church family.  You all have been such a blessing to me and my family and I can not thank you enough.  This has been a tough road, but God has been so good and faithful. 

"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies."  Psalm 36:5

No comments:

Post a Comment