Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Speechless

I have been speechless the last few days. Every time I tried to write or study the word and listen to God's voice, I felt that I was distracted. On Sunday, I received some bad news, and I feel that I have allowed that to take over my mind. I believe that is just what the devil wanted. He always tries to bring us down or make us so mad that we focus on all the wrong things. The past few days, I have been so distracted, unorganized and unfocused. I realized today, at our women's bible study, that the last time I opened my bible was Sunday during our morning service. I do not know about all of you, but if I do not start my day by spending some time with God I am a total mess.  I am still speechless, but I am ending my day with the Lord!

I also wanted to ask all of you to pray for my dad and our family. Sunday is going to be a tough day for everyone. I will not go into details on here, but it will determine the future of my dad's ministry at First Hispanic Baptist Church in Gainesville. My dad is a very special man and I love him very much. He is a servant of the Lord and he always will be. He is my hero. How many people, after going through what dad has would simply give up and turn away from God? Yet he continues to love the Lord and preach His word. Dad encourages me to look past the "bad stuff" in life and keep my eyes on the final prize. When I see him, I do not feel pity or sad for him, I rejoice to know that he is still here!

Dad,
Thank you for loving me and for showing me that no matter what life brings I can always trust that God has a purpose. I love you so very much and thank God for allowing me to have a father like you. Thank you for setting a good example and teaching me that God comes first no matter what! I pray for you every night and think about you everyday. I love you and I am so very proud of you.

"They will fight you, but they will fall. For I am with you, and I will take care of you. I, the Lord, have spoken!" Jeremiah 1:19

I love you dad,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment