Saturday, August 29, 2009

GO!

Last Sunday morning I was talking to my sixth grade girls about what happens when we do not follow God's will. We learned about Jonah and how he ended up in the stomach of a big fish because he did not obey the Lord. We also talked about how we should always follow God's will, even when it requires for us to step out of our "comfort zones." I do not know about you, but it is extremely hard for me to step out of my comfort zone. This is something that God has been asking me to do in many areas of my life, but that is another story for another day :).

I began to think after reading "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper...excellent book by the way. How many people in the world are walking around wasting their life because I didn't have the courage to step out of my "box" and share God's love with them. How many missionaries are out sharing the Gospel in countries where they can be killed for telling others about Christ? Yet here I am, in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave too stuck in my own ways and too comfortable in my zone to tell someone about Christ. Most of us are familiar with Matthew 28:18-20, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." God commands you and I to GO! Not to sit back and let the missionaries or pastors of our church do all the work. We need to get up and go out into the world and share the love of Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment