Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Faith Like Abraham

have been blessed with being able to stay at home with my children. I thank God everyday that he continues to provide. I am thankful that I have a husband who works one full-time job, one part-time job, and an off duty security job where he works twice a month. In the past two months Joseph's health insurance increased and his hours at the off duty job decreased. I spent a few days maybe even weeks frustrated and upset. Over the past year Joseph and I have cut many "luxuries" out of our budget and have concentrated on living a simple life. This month has been one of the toughest months we have had, but in the past few days I have experienced God's peace like never before. Please do not feel sorry for us, this is not why I am sharing this. We are very blessed and God continues to bless us beyond belief. I share this because of what I want to share with you.

In Romans 4:18 it says, "Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed....." Abraham continued to believe in God even when all human possibilities seemed impossible. This is what God has shown me in the past few days. Even when everything seems impossible, nothing is impossible for God. We have to have faith like Abraham and believe in the Lord's promises. In Romans 4:20 it continues to say "Yet he (Abraham) did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strenthened in his faith and gave glory to God. Being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised." We should not waste our time wavering in unbelief and living with doubts of God's power. We should be strengthened by our Faith that God is all-powerful and keeps His promises. 

Maybe you are not struggling financially, maybe your struggles are different than mine, but one thing is the same. That is the power of Jesus Christ and if He lives in your heart then you have the assurance that He is with you all the time. No matter what your circumstance is, give it to God! Do not just give some of it to Him, give it ALL! For a long time I wanted to fix things and do things my way, but I have realized that I am not strong enough. That is why I have given it all to Him and I think that for the first time in my life I am experiencing what that feels like. I am standing on His promises and trusting in Him completely. I do not know what tomorrow brings, but I know that I can face it because He lives in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment