Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Unforgettable Night in Atlanta


Friday night Joseph and my sister Gabby took Josiah and Mary Elisabeth to the Hawks game.  A little part of me was upset because this was Mary Elisabeth's first time going to the game, but I was pretty content to spend a night alone with my newest little baby girl.  The upset part quickly turned into "thank goodness I didn't go" when Gabby and Joseph came home and told me all about their night.  I'm going to try to recap their night for you...

Joseph hates being late for any kind of sporting event.  He usually makes us leave hours before the game begins. Of course with work he knew he couldn't leave so early so him and Gabby decided that 6 would be a good time to leave.  Nonnie and I started getting the kids ready pretty early.  They were so excited!  That is all Josiah could talk about since Joseph told him they would go.  So after they woke up from their naps, I gave them baths and Nonnie helped me get them dressed.  She also fed them dinner while I got all of their stuff together.  Then the waiting began... At about 6:30 I think, Joseph came in and ran upstairs to quickly change.  They got everything together, took a quick picture, and hurried out the door.  I remember texting Joseph at around 8:30ish to see how it was going and when his reply was  "good, we just sat down,"  I was a little confused. When they got to Atlanta Joseph parked where we always park our car ran across the street to pick up the tickets only to find out that the doors to the ticket place were locked.  He called the representative and she told them they were now in a different location about three lights down from the arena. While he is on the phone, my sister had the kids stand inside the swinging doors because it was freezing outside.  They ran down to the ticket place, I can't remember the name....stub hub maybe?...  Joseph carrying Josiah and Gabby carrying sissy.  But let me tell you, carrying sissy is not an easy thing.  You see the girl eats and she weighs more than her brother!  So they get to the ticket place, get the tickets and venture out into the cold.  Gabby said that when they were leaving the ticket place sissy said, "no....cold!"  She didn't want to leave because it was so cold outside (my poor baby).  All while running back to the arena she kept saying "cold, cold."  They finally go in and get to their seats and half time is just about to start!  Well....the Hawks were not doing so well...  But Joseph said that sissy was in awe of the lights and sounds!  She and bubba had a great time!  In the end...the Hawks lost...bad...really bad.  As Joseph said "It was the Worse home loss, fewest points ever by the hawks AND the first time in NBA history that a team at least 10 games over 500 lost by 41 points at home."  Bummer...oh well... time to get in the car and head home...yeah it was not that easy...  They get to the car and find that someone (I will refrain from calling them what I really want to call them!) broke the back passenger window and broke into the car.  Why?????  I have NO idea!!!!  My husband the cop always says "do not leave anything out that will atract a theif!  Not even keys"  The kids freaked out when they saw the busted window and Josiah kept saying "they broke my mommy's car."  Gabby and Joseph put the kids in the front seat and got the heat going while they cleaned up all of the glass.  Then came the next question of the night..."what am I going to cover the window with so that the kids do not FREEZE?"  My hubby, he's a smart one...  He used the rug from the back of my car to cover the window...let me show ya!


Isn't he so clever?!  

Thankfully this kept them warm and they made it home safe and sound.  My sister said it best on Facebook... "Me, Joseph, Josiah and Mary Elisabeth came to the Hawks game...they got the record for least points in a game... we get back to the car and the window is shattered on sissy's side.  They didn't take anything just went through books and bibles hope they at least read the Word and found Jesus!"

A special thanks to my sister for going with Joseph and the kids.  Although it wasn't your normal Hawks game the kids had a blast and in the end that's all that mattered!  But I think it will be a while before Gabby goes to a Hawks game, but for us???  March 8th baby!!!!  Hawks vs. Lakers!!!!  Go Hawks!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment