Friday, November 12, 2010

30 Weeks a Little Late....

Well on Monday marked 30 weeks!!!  I almost skipped this week because it's Friday and in two days I'll be 31 weeks.  But I couldn't go without telling you what we've been up to this past week.  As Mackenzie's arrival approaches and with two of my friends going into labor a month early (lucky girls....), Joseph has gone a little crazy.  Well not bad crazy, good crazy!  He is all about getting things done around the house and I love it.  This past week we finally got to work on Mackenzie's nursery.  I really wish I would have taken a before picture, but I was too embarrassed to take it and post it.  Let me tell you there was so much stuff and it was everywhere.  We used some skills we've learned from watching Hoarders (thank you Beth for introducing us to this show) and got rid of so much stuff.  Keep, donate or throw away!  Our curb was full of trash on trash pick up day.  It's a work in progress, but we got a lot done this week.

 Since we had cleared out so much stuff there was finally room to set up the crib!  Joseph put it together while Josiah and I supervised.  Joseph even let Josiah help him.  Josiah was so excited and kept telling me he wanted Mackenzie to come now!





I wanted to get a picture of the finished product and the two of them, but my battery died....

This week has been a good week.  I've perfected the pregnancy waddle and feel like my belly needs it's own zip code!  I'm 10 pounds away from what I would like to gain with this pregnancy....and feel that with the holidays coming I might be in some trouble!  My toes have become my best friends, because without them a lot of stuff would remain on the ground.  My shoes are getting a little snug.  This is a first for me because I had no swelling with my other two.  Oh and did you know that a dry nose is a symptom of pregnancy??!?  I tell ya!  Pregnancy never ceases to surprise me.  I don't like this symptom because everyone can hear me breathing!!!  So annoying.  I can no longer tie my shoes without hiking my foot up, holding my breath, squishing my tummy, and tying as fast as I can. Braxton Hicks really hurt this time around and I seem to have them more often than I did with the other two.  I am seriously down to a couple of outfits that I fit into comfortably and I just refuse to buy new maternity clothes with a couple of weeks to go!  

Although the above paragraph makes it sound like I am miserable...well I am ha!  At least my body is, but I am so excited about this baby girl!  I can not wait to hold her and have her with me, alive and healthy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment